Friday, October 10, 2008

FFF= Favorite Fall Things

I had grand plans of driving to one of our canyons and taking pictures of the beautiful fall colors. But... as life goes Kolby was sick most of this last week. (poor little guy had a high fever for three days) So we didn't leave the house much.
But Luke did get to go on his very first field trip at preschool. The best part for him was getting to ride on "the BIG yellow bus". It was just icing on the cake that they went to a pumpkin patch and he got to pick out his own pumpkin. As soon as I picked him up he had to call Dad, Grandpa and Grandma to tell them all about it.
And gold star for me for not being crazy neurotic about my baby boy riding on a bus to a town a half hour away. Ok I was a little crazy but I stopped myself from following the bus :)


One of my favorite things about Fall is the cooler weather. And cooler weather means a fire in the fireplace, love it!!
A few weeks ago the "Boys" went firewood gathering
I'm sure Kolby was a big help

Luke hard at work with a clamp
Look at his serious little face, he doesn't take getting firewood lightly.
And our firewood pile. Dewey has been chopping wood every weekend. Woo-hoo firewood to last all season.

And another before and after craft pic....

Before........... One of my thrift store finds

And after........ Halloween decorations


I hope you all have a wonderful Fall weekend!!

Check out Sarah at http://kissthefrog4me.blogspot.com/ for more cue Fall pics

12 comments:

MICHELLE said...

Great pictures, he is such a cutie.

Hannah said...

I love that first picture!! So cute.

Good job on your decorations. I wish I had that kind of creativity.

Hannah

Heidi said...

I wish we had a fireplace, not that it would get much use here! Those are great pics.

Tracy said...

Great pictures, love them all. And your decorations are great!

Samantha said...

So clearly you received the creative gene in the family that the rest of us are lacking.

Paula said...

I love the pictures of Luke and Kolby. I am envious of the firewood. Not much is USUALLY used in Katy, TX. I can find you some treasures here, ship them to you and have you make them and shipe them back. LOL!! You are so creative!!! have a good weekend.

Paula said...

Not sure why it said hopeful on my post.....this is paula BTW.

Anonymous said...

What cute boys! I love the cool weather too!!!

Anna said...

What a big boy Luke is getting going on a special trip like that at preschool. I think it much harder for us Mums having to 'let go' isn't it!

And that is a serious lot of wood you have collected...you'll all be warm and snug inside.

Sorry to hear poor Kolby has been sick and hope he is better now and that the rest of you all stay well. Its not nice when it goes all around the family.

You are so clever making those new look Halloween decorations!!! SO creative!!

Hope your weekend is a happy one,

Anna

nora said...

What cuties - looks like you guys keep SUPER busy!

Robyn said...

How cute!!

Robyn

Anonymous said...

Stacey,

You are SO creative! Love the crafts. We got a snowstorm today...not sure if you are getting it too. Hopefully you can put that firewood to good use!

BTW, I think I would've followed the school bus. Such restraint you have!

Your boys are incredibly cute-

Jenna