Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!!!!

I took these pictures this past week. I can't tell you how happy they make me. To me they are a perfect example of the amazing Father Dewey is. He is rolling around playing with the boys in the back yard. He had only been home from work a few minutes. Notice he is still wearing his business clothes. Without worrying about changing clothes or relaxing for a minute, he went out to play with the boys. Both Luke and Kolby LOVE wrestling with dad. (I think its a boy thing)




This is me and my dad. He was killed in a plane crash when I was six years old. He was only 31 years old at the time. Fathers Day was never a happy day for me growing up. It was the one day that I could not help but be reminded of what I had lost. It has taken me a lot of years to come to realize the loss is something that is with me always, but its also something that has helped make me the person I am.


I'm so thankful to Dewey for completely changing the way I look at Fathers Day. Its now a happy joyous day celebrating the amazing father he is. I have watched him with Cassidi for years and always known that he is a great dad. But its even more obvious now that we have the boys. I honestly could not wish for a better father for the boys.
Happy Fathers Day sweetie, We LOVE YOU!!
Happy Fathers day to my father in law! He has known me since I was 17 ( no need to count just how many years back that is) I'm so thankful to have him in my life. He is a wonderful Father and Grandfather and an amazing man.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

That is awesome he is wrestling around with them without caring about his nice clothes!

And I can only imagine how hard Father's Day must have been growing up. I'm sorry but I am happy to know that you can enjoy it once again. Your dad looks like he was wonderful.

Ellie said...

Happy Daddy's Day~

Hugs
Ellie~


PS... I TAGGED YOU~

Anonymous said...

Those photo's are awesome. Your heart must smile seeing them all together!!!

Have a blessed week,

Krista

Anna said...

Wonderful photos Stacey and happy Fathers Day to Dewey.

Glad you were able to enjoy but sounds like its often been quite painful for you.

Its interesting that our Mothers day is the same as you but not our Father's day. Its still coming up.

Have a great week,
Anna