Monday, April 21, 2008

Packing............

See these five suitcases?? In the past 15 months they have literally traveled around the world. They have lived in Kazakhstan for two months. They have been to Guatemala once and are preparing to go again. I have to say we are getting very good at packing and weighing for the 50 pound limit. Dewey can now just pick up a suitcase and tell me if its over weight. (I generally make him weigh it on the scale because I don't believe it, and he is always right)




This is our donation pile so far.... the tally is

17 pairs of Pants

14 pairs of Shorts

56 Shirts !!

We are taking as much as we can to Mayan Families. (this is their website http://www.mayanfamilies.org/ check them out they are an amazing organization) When we went down on our visit trip we took a couple hundred Happy Factory cars to them. This time we are taking new and gently used kids clothes. Big thanks to Kim and Drew and Brad and Irene for their contributions! I spent Sat washing everything and rolling it into tight rolls for packing. Once I have everything packed I'm hoping to squeeze in some baby clothes to donate too. It costs a small fortune to try and mail things to Guatemala. As of this minute you can take 2 50 pound suitcases per person. All our bags usually come in at 48-49 pounds each. (I think the airlines are changing this rule and will begin charging $25 for your extra bag. But even at that its loads cheaper then mailing anything.

7 comments:

Ellie said...

First off... WOW... YOu made it through the weekend...~~~~ Good For you... 2nd... Look at all that stuff...

3rd... YOU GO GIRL~

and 4th~~~~


KOLBY IS COMING HOME!~~~!~!!~~~!~


YAYAYAYAYYAYA``

Lisa Johnson said...

Look at all that organization! You are so good girl!

I can't wait to see Kolby in his new outfit. He's coming home!!

Anna said...

Oh I am so excited for you Stacey!!! It is so great Kolby is finally going to be home with you all.
You are very organised by the looks of it...good on you! And what a great cause for all the clothes you're going to donate.

I love his little Embassy outfit too! Can't wait to see all the pics of when you bring him home.

Anna

Marlene said...

Stacy,
Mayan Families is a good organization but if you are looking to help Orphan Children take a look at Vicki's blog. http://casadesion.blogspot.com/
With adoptions at a Stop in Guatemala now there are so many abandoned babies and the orphanages are in great need. You are doinga great thing just taking items to Guatemala. Have a wonderful pick-up and visit the Zoo if you get the chance. Antigua and Panajachel are also beautiful.

Wilcox Family said...

I am so excited for you - wish we loved closer - I have so much boy stuff I could have given you to take...

Happy trails, can't wait to hear the report when you get back!!

JW

Heidi said...

Congrats on going to get your son! Doesn't it feel like the day will never come and then bam, there it is! Your kids are darling. I am so happy for you!

I love Zions and Bryce Canyon. We used to live in UT but far north in Logan. I went to Utah State.

Marlene said...

Stacy, you must be busting at the seams. I keep checking your blog for updates but I am sure you are VERY busy packing and planning.