Monday, April 28, 2008

FINALLY!!!!!!!


I never thought this day would get here. We have finally got our son Kolby!!!!! It was a very emotional transition from foster mom to us last night, and Kolby cried for Nana most of the night. Today is a brand new day though and he´s been awesome. We tore up the embassy for three hours this morning I don´t think their carpet we´ll ever be the same. We managed to squish, papaya, watermelon,pineapple, cheerios and three types of cookies into the carpet. He´s napping now, which of course is the only reason Stacey would ever let me type into the blog. Otherwise it´s strictly hands off for hubby, with an occasional editing inquiry only allowed. We sure miss the family back home and can´t wait for everyone to meet our new son. Tomorrow is paperwork pick up day, and maybe a zoo trip, Wednesday will be a day at Antiqua and home on Thursday. We´re a little nervous about the flight home, our pilot thought he was landing a hot air ballon getting here and we´re still chewing on our spinal column, small price to pay though.
Dewey

11 comments:

Kim H said...

We are so happy for you guys. Kolby is adorable, just like his brother. Amazing the changes to your life in a little over one year. At least it's not frigid KZ weather. Our love to you all.
Kim & Richard

Marlene said...

Horray! Kolby has his mommy! I am so happy for you guys. I am glad to hear you will be touring a bit before you come home! I am anxious to see more pictures. Poor Daddy! I hope he gets some bonding time too!

Ellie said...

Ok guys... I have nothing to say, just...

TEARS OF JOY~

Love ya all, HUGS
Ellie, Angelena and Angelo!

Lisa and Madeline said...

I foound your blog through a FFF post. Congrats on getting your son. He is a doll and so is Luke. I know this is a great moment for your family. My friend Lori adopted from Guatemala and her son came home the end of last year.
Safe traveling and again congrats!

Kelly, Philip, & Devin said...

Yeah!! Kolby is with his parents where he belongs. He is soo handsome. Have a great time and a safe trip home.

Kelly

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I'm SOO happy to see pictures of your cute Kolby in your FOREVER arms. Have a GREAT last couple days and safe travels home.
God Bless,
Kelly
CCI

Wilcox Family said...

This made my day!!! :) The post I have been waiting for, I can't imagine being in your shoes, so happy for you...

Jana

Susannah said...

oh, my goodness! i love it! Praise God for being in the family building business!
hope that the rest of the trip is wonderful and look forward to hearing all about it!
love
susannah
officially waiting for pink

Heidi said...

What a doll! So happy he is with you forever. I hope his adjustment goes well.

Linda and Bobby said...

He is so cute...we cannot tell you how happy we are for you guys. Getting to know you in Kaz. told us what good parents you all would be and now you have 2 great guys. We know how much they will be loved! Give Kolby 8 hugs from us :))
Linda & Bobby

Anonymous said...

Stacey and Dewey I am so happy for you and can't wait to meet my new nephew! He is beautiful and I am sure Luke will love having a little brother to pick on. Miss you guys, be safe.

Love Auntie Liz