Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Luke's Gotcha Day!!!

Was one year ago today. I put together a slide show but was not able to upload it. ( I have mentioned we live in the country right) Hopefully I will be able to upload it tomorrow from work.

One year ago today after being in Kazakhstan for 6 weeks we were able to pick up Luke from the Baby house and take him back to our hotel with us. He was in our arms forever. At the time he was just over two years old and wearing size nine month clothes. In the last 12 months he has grown almost one foot taller and gained 10 pounds. Then he was not talking at all, now he is speaking sentences. Then because he had never been around men he would not let Dewey hold him without crying, now he is a total daddies boy.
In a way it seems like yesterday, in another way it seems like he has been in our life forever. He is our love and joy, he has brought more happiness into our family then I can say. I feel honored to be given the opportunity to be his mother.
I thank god everyday for our son.
We love you Luke!!!

No comments: