Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Places I found Kolby yesterday.....

STANDING on the desk...........

In no hurry to get off the desk
On the kitchen table
Still there playing with the remotes

If I walk out of the room for a minute or even turn my back , say to load the dishwasher. This child is off and running/climbing.

Having two toddlers has brought me to the fast conclusion that I need to get into much better shape then I am now.
So..... I'm starting an exercise program....gasp I know, I dread the thought. But I don't see any way around getting in better shape for the boys.
Luckily for me we have a Bowflex currently sitting in our bedroom. (no need to figure out how long its been there without me so much as touching it)
I got out the tape measure to record all my "Before" stats. We have one of those BMI weight scales. So I added those numbers to my notebook.
Here's the plan
Three days a week I'll work out on the bowflex
Five days a week I'll do sit ups
Two days a week I'll do cardio.
(we are going to get one of those bike kid carriers so I or Dew can pull the kids and we can go bike riding)
One day a week Yoga class

So what do you think? Do I have a chance of sticking to this plan? I'm making sure everybody knows what I'm doing so hopefully you will ask me about it. Which will force me to do something so I don't say "oh um yea that plan lasted about a day" .
Dewey gave me a crash course in the bowflex last night, woo hoo first workout. And just because I could only do 10 sit ups, its a fine number to start at :)

7 comments:

Marlene said...

Stacey,
I think you look great and I wish I was as Out Of Shape as you are. I do understand though wanting to feel better... Healthy energy! How nice it would be to have as much energy as our kids. Good luck to you in your flexing and such.

Heidi said...

You are one busy mama!!! Good thing they are so cute huh

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! Your kids are adorable and Kolby and my Luke would get along great - Luke is also a climber.

Best wishes on your work out / get into shape plans! I have 3 kids under 4 years of age and I am always trying to keep up with them. I went from a specific number of days a week to work out to a total number for the month. Much more achievable for me at my advanced age...

Michelle said...

Stacey,

I think we have the same child! Connor's a climber too, he's not quite walking yet but when he does...oh man! Let me just tell you how much I love your blog. It's so fun to sign on and "check in" on you, dewey and the boys. And what a great way to document you family times, I love it! You've inspired me to start one, we're at holleydays.blogspot.com. Keep posting!'

Love,

chell

Kim & Dave said...

Looks like you have a climber, too!

Love it!!!

Susannah said...

okay, i hope you have better luck than i do...one time i thought i could use the Wiggles videos as a quick cardio work out..I was so desperate and still couldn't stick to it :) then there was the sweatin to the oldies...and then there were the more advanced tries at which everyone charged my step boxk during the workout and anytime i did floor work it ended up in a dog pile. oh, well. from one busy mama to another one...enjoy your workouts :)
I love your pictures, can't wait to see what this weekend brings you.
love
susannah

Ruthanne said...

I have a climber also and recently came to the same conclusion about getting into shape. I've been walking 3-4 miles/4-5 times per week. After two weeks, it's starting to feel good--less like work, more like fun (sort of. lol).
Good luck! :)