Thursday, July 10, 2008

Bir-anni???

Its Birthday Anniversary time!!


Dewey and I met the summer after I graduated high school. It was Love at first sight, we dated and soon moved to Salt Lake into our first little studio apartment. Two years later one month before I turned 20 we were married. We look back now and laugh, it was supposed to be a garden wedding in my Aunt and Uncles beautiful backyard. We had it decorated with Pink and black (shut up it looked good in the early 90's). The rain hit about med morning and never let up. We ended up having the ceremony in their game room. Yep everyone walked around the pool table.
But we were beyond happy with the day, and thrilled to be married.

So pop quiz how many years have we been married? ...................

Answer............. 3 years, this is our third Anniversary

Our love story has taken a long time to unfold. It has taken MANY twists and turns and had MANY ups and downs.

Two years after our "Garden" wedding we were divorced. I would have loved for us both to have been emotionally mature enough to handle all that we had too in those first two years. But the truth is we weren't.

But here's the crazy part we never stopped loving each other. We staying very close after the divorce. We saw each other through good times and bad. We talked about our various relationships and offered advice here and there. Dewey is the one person in my life who I knew would always be there.

Skip forward a few (many) years

We were both going through some big changes in our lives and we turned to each other for support and comfort. It didn't take long for us to come to decide that NOW was the time for us. We had both been through a lot and it helped shape the people we are. We were now ready to live our lives together as a married couple...again.

We had just bought our house and were planning Luke's adoption. We knew we wanted to get married but we knew we didn't want to have a big wedding. We went back and forth as to what we should do.

Three years ago today, Dewey surprised me with a trip to Las Vegas for my birthday. Woo hoo shopping and Margaritaville. We were just going for the day so I put on a skirt and pulled my hair back in a ponytail, nothing special. We had a wonderful morning then hit Margaritaville for lunch and of course Margaritas. After some time there (read many margarita's) it just came to us that we were in Las Vegas. Home of the quick/nothing to it weddings. So we wandered across the street to a mall grabbed two gold bands and hailed a taxi cab. Our cab driver (his name was Constantine, how cool is that?) took us to the courthouse, where we waited in line to get our marriage licence. He then took us to Cupids Wedding Chapel (Located right on the strip baby) and acted as our witness and photographer.

And......Ms. Stacey Warner was married to Mr. Dewey Warner. We were husband and wife....again. I love looking at the pictures we have, you can see how happy both of us are. We are literally glowing.

I believe that things happen for a reason, everything is done in perfect timing. Our boys were born when they needed to be when we needed them in our lives.
I don't have words to describe how happy I am with my life now. We are blessed beyond measure. I wake up thankful everyday to have Dewey and our boys in my life.
I have known Dewey for 19 years and I still smile just looking at him.

So enough of the mushy stuff. Here are the never before seen (unless you have been in our house) wedding pics.............







I could not ask for a more perfect wedding day.

7 comments:

Anna said...

Happy Bir-anni Stacey!!! I like it. Its wonderful to hear your story and how you met.

Hoping you have both had a very special day.

Take care and have a great weekend,
Anna

Denise said...

What an awesome post. Thank you for that Stacey. What a sweet love story, it doesn't take much, just reading your blog to see how happy the two of you are. There is no greater gift than being married to your best friend.

Best wishes to you...

P.S. Jana told me a letter you sent to me was returned.... we moved to
324 S. 250 E. Orem, UT 84058. I guess our mail forwarding has expired.

Ruthanne said...

WOW! What an amazing story!! I'm so glad you guys are back together where you obviously belong. Happy Bir-anniversary!!!

Tara said...

Stacey, you have an amazing love story!! Thank you sooo much for sharing it! Happy Bir-anni :) So, so cool!

Carla said...

Wow, that is an amazing love story. Thanks for sharing that. Happy Anniversary & Birthday!

Kim & Dave said...

That is one of the coolest things I have ever read!!!

Happy Bir-anni!!!

Paul said...

What an amazing story! I'm Dewey's "Old Uncle Paul." (Denise's Brother). I just started my blog this last week and was out looking for connections to make. What a delight it was to hear news about an old friend.
I had Drake in my class a few years ago, but never got to see Jason. What's he up to?