Monday, May 12, 2008

Wonderful Mothers Day!!!

I had a perfect Mothers day. In theory the boys were supposed to let me sleep in. But they both came running in and out every few minutes. Luke because he was so excited that he was making me breakfast and had to tell me. Kolby because he like to make sure he knows where I am. It was so sweet. All three of my men brought me a yummy breakfast in bed, pancakes because that's Luke's current favorite and scrambled eggs. Luke also made sure I had a cup of chocolate milk to go with my cup of coffee. I even got to take a long shower and read for a bit. The boys made me a cute card with their hand prints and their own artistic touches.

We took the boys to a park in town, they had a blast playing on the slides and running around.
Dewey spent the afternoon cooking dinner for us and grandma and grandpa. Our nephew Jerome, his girlfriend Nikki and her daughter Riley stopped by on their way through town. We all tried flying kites in the backyard. It was a crack up, kites are no match for our Cedar City wind. They stayed in the air for all of a few minutes before doing a nose dive.
We had a very nice dinner, then grandma gave the boys a bath so I could relax. She even got Kolby to sleep by rocking him.
It was a perfect day spent with my family. My hubby was amazing, he went to a lot of effort to make it a special day for me.

6 comments:

Marlene said...

Sounds like a great Mothersday. You deserve a good one! The weather was HORRID here. Cold, wet and grey skies all day. But it was a good one still!

Mindy said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!! That is wonderful:-) We deserve days like this!!!!
Many Hugs

Anna said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY Stacey! So glad you had a special day, and it is so great to read back in your blog and see the wonderful slide show of your trip bringing Kolby home! He is a real cutie and its great to hear how he is settling in.
Congratulations that he is finally home with his special forever family!!
Take care,
Anna

Nikki said...

Wow, great day you had! The boys are so cute. Happy (belated) Mother's Day!

Andrea said...

Happy Belated Momma's Day!!!

So very happy Kolby is HOME!

Andrea
True Moments of Family

Tara said...

It sounds like you had a BEAUTIFUL Mother's Day. You deserve all of the happiness that those little ones bring you :)