Thursday, May 22, 2008

Birthday fun with toddlers

So.... finger painting with a 1 and 3 year was not near the fun I hoped it would be. I take that back it was plenty of fun for Luke and Kolby, me not so much. I had planned to have this little project outside but it ended up raining all day. So it was inside the house for painting fun. The actual painting part took about 6 minutes the cleaning up the paint off of every surface that little fingers can reach, grab, touch took about an hour. But this is our finished project.


Luke is holding Kolby's hand to try and keep him in one place. You can tell Kolby is not so hip on this idea. I took about 8 other pictures with Kolby in various places in the picture all of which involve him trying to run off.
Who likes cake?? Luke was so excited to help bake "daddies cake" I think he liked that part even more then the eating part. Now Kolby on the other hand was a wild man, he inhaled the cake and was laughing the whole time. By the end he was covered from head to toe in cake and frosting.
All in all Dewey said it was a great birthday.


2 comments:

Marlene said...

Toddlers are so exhausting, aren’t they! Then you are talking about 2 boy toddlers with paint and then add cake?! Are you crazy!?! LOL! I am sorry it rained on your plans. I am sure it was a wonderful birthday!

Anna said...

Great to see all the boys had a great time for Deweys birthday even it sounded like lots of work for poor Mum!!!
Great to see them all looking so happy!
Take care,
Anna