Tuesday, May 27, 2008

How to make a cool fort out of an ordinary entertainment center


By Luke Warner

Now the key to this project is timing and patience, about a week before you plan on having the fort is when you need to start the project. The place I found for the perfect fort just happened to hold about 100 of my parents DVD's. So I started out slow, several times a day I would pull out 5-10 DVD's and scatter them on the floor. Because my mom had to pick them up she started to think that having the DVD's in a place where I could reach them was maybe not such a good idea. Its key for the whole project to work that she think this, this is where the patience comes in.

After about a week I was pretty sure she had about given up hope of a nice organized DVD center. Now comes the timing........ I waited until she was safely in the bathroom at the other side of the house. Now I knew I had to be fast, even in the bathroom she would soon realize she was not hearing the normal screams and yells me and Kolby always make. So she would know something was up. Luckily I had Kolby's help, as I flung the DVD's out Kolby would scatter them around to make more room. It was a great team effort. I'm proud to say that by the time mom came out (maybe 5 minutes) we had all the DVD's out of the cabinet and were able to climb inside.
So with a little effort on my part I now have the perfect little cubby to sit in.



4 comments:

Marlene said...

Well Luke,
I don't think that was very nice of you to do that to your poor Mommy. I am sure she works very hard all day to have your home nice and clean for you and your little brother. I am sure she was very sad to see such a mess. I hope you and your little brother helped her clean it up. Perhaps you can ask Mommy and Daddy for a real fort or they can teach you how to make one out of chairs, tables and blankets. Best of luck to you and try to be a good boy!

Ruthanne said...

That is HILARIOUS. We have that same pile (on a smaller scale) here most days too. What is it about those crazy DVDs that make them want to dump them on the floor? lol The fort is REALLY cool, though, so I can kind of see his point. :)

Wilcox Family said...

AWESOME, they are so smart and sneaky, I love it, especially that they both have a partner in crime - this made me laugh instantly. I'm just getting back into the swing of things and am reading your other posts, the beauty of a BLOG. Hey, by the way I decided to go full veg on earth day this year SO we should swap recipes. Shall I e-mail you at Dewey's e-mail address? :)

Anna said...

Wow Luke you work fast!!! Great to see you're a team player including your brother Kolby in the 'crime' oh I mean action too hehe!!


Hmmm and poor Mum has a job to work out what to do with all those DVD's now!!

Have a great week Stacey! Never a dull moment when you're a Mum is there!!!
Anna