Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Luke's first day at Preschool....

I think I have mentioned a time or 10 that Luke has a very strong little personality.
Well these are my attempts at trying to get him to smile for me. I told him that since we were a little early his teacher might not be ready for us yet. We had just enough time to take some pictures. (all true by the way)

"Mom, mom a big bus"
"Mom, teachers ready, lets go"
I know this looks like a scared or worried look but really its his mad/frustrated look. Clearly he had places to be and could not be bothered with me taking his picture.
Just look at him with his little backpack on. (which he declined to remove when his teacher showed him where to hang it) He's pointing to his name.....YEA!! To my credit I only took this picture and didn't stay all day snapping shots :)
After school and as close to a smile as I ever got. He said he had fun and got to play outside. (who doesn't love that) He also says he is in the big kids class now. He's right they are big kids, he comes up to their shoulders, but they are all his age or close to it. Love my little guy!!!
I received my wonderful PIF from the amazing Marlene at http://reasonsipostto.blogspot.com/
Look at this beautiful Guatemala photo album she made, I love it!!! The fabric runner and angel doll are just perfect. If I'm not mistaken she sells some of these things at her eBay store, check them out for sure.
THANKS Marlene!!!

12 comments:

Wilcox Family said...

Oh my goodness, he is so big and that little back pack...ahhh they do grow up if you water and feed them. The first day of school is such a magical day isn't it? Loved your PIF...

Always,
Jana

Heidi said...

He is so cute with his little backpack. What a big boy.

Ruthanne said...

How did you keep yourself from stalking the classroom and taking pictures through the windows? I'm going to be a big MESS!!

He's SO adorable in his little backpack. what a cutie!

Hannah said...

He is so cute! He sounds like my Dmitry. It must be a boy thing! I didn't even get the preschool first day picture. I had to settle for after class because mine ran off with out so much as a goodbye!

I love his little backpack. He is just adorable.

Hannah

Mama Bear said...

Your boys are so precious. We are dealing with the preschool next week!!!
Rhonda
http://fourchildrenrus.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWW i love the pics of your big boys he is sooo cute and very serious looking!

OH shoot i forgot mail Marlene my address so i could get my gift...Darn im jealous!

Paula said...

Aren't first days wonderful? They are for teachers too.

Anna said...

Stacey, what a grown up boy Luke is going to school. This is 'big' school now for him is it not preschool anymore? What a big step for Mum too!!

And that is a beautiful PIF gift too.

Take care,

Anna

Anna said...

Sorry me again...silly me I didn't read very well, that it is preschool. I thought so!! Having a vague moment!!

Anna

Michelle said...

Ahh... he looks so cute with his backpack all ready to go to school. And look at that green grass at the school. I want recess!

Robyn said...

What a cutie!! Looks like he had a great first day!!

Robyn

Tara said...

Oh my goodness! I cannot believe that he is in pre-school! What a sweetie pie with the backpack on! It sounds like YOU handled it like a trooper! HUGS!