Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Adventures with Grandpa

Last Sunday we got to have an all day adventure with Grandpa, the boys LOVED it!!
My FIL is amazing, he knows every little out of the way road and tiny town in Utah. He knows the history, "what when and who" for everyplace we went. We spent the day driving on dirt roads that I never even knew existed. We went to towns that I had never even heard the names of, these are places where you don't have cell service. It felt like going back in time. I love doing stuff like this, and I'm so thankful the boys get to experience it.

Grandpa showing Luke a wagon (see what I mean cool stuff)
I love old houses!! Dew showing Luke how to till the fields
We ended up in Pine Valley, a BEAUTIFUL little town with a picturesque little lake and canyon. We found a little picnic area and had a wonderful lunch. This little stream and bridge were right below where we ate.
I love these pics, all the "boys" looking for fish

Can you believe we live in a desert?
The boys both loved the water, it was hard to keep them out of it. Luke ended up soaking wet. But that's what extra clothes are for :)
The amazing thing is we were gone for 6 hours, most of which was driving and we were never farther then 45 miles away from our house.
Perfect Sunday!!! Thanks Grandpa!!!


3 comments:

Ruthanne said...

That looks like a WONDERFUL day. How great to have someone who knows the area like that to show you around. Your boys are very blessed.

Anna said...

That looks like such a wonderful day together with your FIL. The scenery looks great and ALL the boys look like they had a fantastic day!

And thanks for the brilliant blogger award too!!! I feel honoured.

Take care,
Anna

Michelle said...

Randy's a stud! He's one of Mikey's favorite people. What I great afternoon.

I love old houses too. I would love to restore an old home somewhere in a small town like that.