Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fitness update

We got a pull cart for the boys so we have started going for bike rides. I forgot how much I love bike riding. It has been a blast and a great workout (huge plus).
And the best part is there are near endless trails to ride where we live.
From our house if we ride North a few blocks this is what we see.


The bike cart is like baby Valium for Kolby. It takes him maybe 5 minutes and he is asleep. It doesn't matter how bumpy the dirt road is, how fast Dewey is going Kolby falls asleep.
(when we ride on the street the boys wear helmets)
We found this cool wind mill in a field we rode by. With the sun setting I could not help but stop and take a (or 10) pictures.

In looking at these pics, it looks REALLY flat where we live. I swear there are mountains to the East of us.
And it should be said Dew pulls the boys. I'm just in charge of getting myself where we are going and back. He makes it look so easy pulling them I thought wow there must be nothing to it. Yesterday we had a few errands to run within a mile of our house. (help our selves to my MIL AMAZING garden, check the mail, little things like that) So I thought "why take the car when I can ride Dews bike and pull the boys" so off we go on our little adventure. Before we had even gone a block, burning stabbing pains in my legs. To my credit the wind was blowing (I like to think very strong wind) towards us. But OUCH...... and ouch, ouch. I may be way more out of shape then I had thought. We did make it and got everything done. And I guess I am no worse for wear :) And I need to now give Dew a LOT of credit for pulling the boys on all the crazy dirt roads we go on.

7 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

"Baby valium" Love it!! If only I could find some!!! I have one that really needs it lately!

Anna said...

Stacey that looks like lots for fun and that photo of the boys with Kolby asleep in the pull along cart is SO cute. That is great you know how to get him to sleep if all else fails- I wouldn't mind knowing how to get some of that 'baby valium' for my youngest!

Love your windmill photo and the scenery looks great.

Not sure if you got my email to say thankyou SO much for my amazing PIF gift!!! You are so generous and they are just lovely things. So many things!! Its great to see some books with pics of the area you live in. Makes me want to come and visit one day.

And congrats to your women's volley ball team. I've just watched them win a gold medal!

Anyway thanks again Stacey...you're so kind. I need to do my PIF now!

Take care,
Anna

Paula said...

Ditto Anna's comments. I got my PIF as well and loved it. I even took it to school so I could show your mom and everyone else I could. It's time for me to think of who I want to PIF. I am so glad you sent the map and pictures because now (and with Nana's help) I can relate you where you are. And I wish I'd thought of "Baby Valium: 23 years ago with my Matt. Take care and thanks.

Michelle said...

Does the cart work like valium for adults too? If so, can Dew take me for a spin? I'm a little behind on my zzzzz's lately. And what's with our men and their secret athletic ability?

Great pic's of the boys and the windmill pic is amazing.

chell

PS - love the new song... I might have to copy it on our blog

Tara said...

Good for you getting all of that awesome exercise in! Bike on sister! :) I love the pic of the boys in the "sidecar"!

Anonymous said...

They looks so cute sitting in there. It is too bad they don't make one of those in adult size ~ I would loved to be wheeled around!

Have a wonderful weekend

Ruthanne said...

Wow! I'm impressed. That would be a GREAT work-out (great in that it would build muscle, not great in that it would feel good. lol)

I'm with Kolby. I'd be asleep in seconds. zzzzzzzzzzz