Monday, August 11, 2008

LOVE the Olympics!!!!

We are HUGE fans of the Olympics!!!
We have had it on since they started. The opening ceremonies were simply phenomenal.
We screamed and yelled for all our countries.









I get so emotional watching the Olympics. It is amazing to me that the whole world is represented in one place. Watching the athletes with their extreme dedication to their sports to be the best in the world. I get teary eyed on every awards ceremony.
I had the unbelievable experience of working at the 2002 Salt Lake City winter Olympics. At the time I was working for the local phone company. They provided the telecommunication support for the games. I stayed in Park City for a month working at the Deer Valley venue. I was able to go to most of the events at that venue. Truly breathtaking to watch live. I also was able to meet wonderful people from all over the world. They are memories I will always treasure.
For me the Olympics no matter where they are will always have a magical quality to them.


5 comments:

Ruthanne said...

I agree!!! I love the Olympics too. (they make me feel like a total slacker, but I still love them. lol)
I got teary-eyed again just looking at the pics you posted of the teams. I wish the whole world could get along all the time the way they do during this two weeks every two years.

Michelle said...

Man I missed the opening ceremony. I think Kris recorded it so i'll have to go watch it. You kids doing anything over Labor Day? Come up and go camping. Mikey

Anna said...

I love the Olympics too...esp the swimming!!!


The Opening was SO spectacular I thought and loved the way they lit the flame.


Have a great week,
Anna

Kim & Dave said...

Cool!! You caught the pics of the Guatemalan team!!

We love Olympics, here, too!

Marlene said...

We have been watching every night too! It is so moving when anyone gets a gold! Gives me goose-bumps!