Monday, August 25, 2008

Boys night!!!

Well my baby boy has gone to his very first movie. Friday night was Daddy and Luke night. Dew took him to see.....
Star Wars Clone Wars

Luke was SO excited. We talked all day about how the screen would be really big and it would be very dark in the theater. How he would need to sit very still but he would get to eat popcorn.
He was just beside himself when they finally left. And to let you know what a sap I am, I got a little teary eyed watching my "baby" walk off to his first movie. I'm sure part of the problem is that he is not a baby and is growing up so fast.
But I love that he and Dewey could share his first movie. And even more that it was something Star Wars. Dew is a huge Star Wars fan and has great memories of going to see the first Star Wars movies as a child. How fun for Luke to have the same memories.
According to Luke, he loved it. There were apparently a lot of "good guys" and "bad guys" in the movie. And according to Dewey Luke sat through the whole thing without wiggling squirming, or doing what ever else he normally does after sitting still for more then 2 minutes.
So first boys night out, huge success!!

6 comments:

Marlene said...

You are a much Funner mom than me. I am so picky when it comes to movies I will let Wyatt watch. You see he tends to want to act them out. Especially the fighting parts. So I "Meano Mommy" wont let him see anything anymore violent than Spiderman.
Have a great week!
Marlene

Heidi said...

Awesome! My hubby wishes he could drag Emmi to that movie. She won't go cuz she says "it's for boys". How fun for you husband and him to have a little guys night out.

Ruthanne said...

What a great memory for Luke to have--his first movie with Dad! I'm stunned by all the 'firsts' we get to see and how emotional each one of them makes me.

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWW your baby is growing up!! OMG its scary how fast they grow! sniff sniff!!
FYI Mcdonalds has the Clone war happy mean toys and they are really cool!!!

Anna said...

That is SO cute Stacey!! So glad Luke enjoyed his first 'big' movie.

What a lovely thing for Dewey and Luke to do together.

Hope you're having a good week so far too.

They do grow up too fast don't they. I can't believe Sarah will be 5 in October!!

Take care,

Anna

Anonymous said...

What a precious memory for you all!! So special to have a father son moment that they can treasure always!!