Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Whats hot right now?

 You know how you can't go online without seeing "whats hot/trending right now"? 
So this is it for our family. 
Number one is the kindles the boys got for Christmas. If it was up to them they would be on them 24/7.

 It did not take us long to realize strict time limits had to be set. Luke woke up a couple morning at 5 to play his. They actually have a pretty cool setup for kids. They each have age appropriate books, apps and videos automatically loaded every month. Since they are 5 & 8 their books are different and each at their reading level. There is also a setting for us to set time limits for each activity. Like unlimited for reading and much shorter times for apps (games) and videos)

 This one cracked me up, Kolby holding a cat with one hand and playing with the other.
 In the car using Skip as a Kindle rest. Skip didn't mind since he was using Kolby's lap as a pillow.
 Next BIG HUGE news is that the 49ers are going to the SUPERBOWL!!! WOOT WOOT!! 
I have been a fan forever and believe you me it has not been easy the past oh 20 something years. But that's all over because they are going to the Superbowl this year. You better believe I have a Frank Gore jersey. (can you tell I get a little smack talkie about football)
 Next is Beyblade and Legos. 
Beyblades are battle machines (old fashioned tops spruced up). I can not tell you the times I have heard "3-2-1 Let em RIP" which is what they say before pulling the thingie on their top to get it going.
Legos are pretty much tied in popularity, there is much time spent building and playing with their creations. Star Wars being their current favorite.
 Beyblade tops spinning. Pretty amazing I was able to get the picture during the split second they looked away from "the battle"
 Zoey is also a hit with the boys, but definitely for them far below the other things listed :)

Recent Luke quotes,
There was an action movie on TV, I said "wow that would suck to have an F15 after you". Luke "um yea but it would really suck to have a Raptor after you...which is what that plane is" 

Luke was explaining that in Gym class they were teaching them how to dance to Gangnam style. Which I don't mind since I happen to know it is a good workout having recently read a story warning people of a certain age (MY AGE) to be careful doing it as we can drop dead. (true story look it up) So that got Dew and I to talking about dances we learned at his age, lets just say the BEE GEE's and ABBA were watched on Utube to the boys horror. Somehow this got Dew thinking we should show them how we can swing dance. After watching for a few minutes with a straight face Luke says " hum... maybe you guys were a lot younger the last time you tried to do that" 

I came in from feeding the animals and told the boys "something terrible happened, I lifted up the chickens feed dish and stuck my finger in chicken poo". I was clearly disgusted. Luke again straight faced "mom you have to admit that if it had happened to someone else it would be a really funny story.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I love favorite posts :) We have an iPad and seriously have to hide it or my little gamer will take off with it. In fact if the house is quiet it usually means she's taken the iPad and is hiding somewhere playing it :)