Monday, January 7, 2013

Luke turns 8!

  January in a small town with below zero temps doesn't lead to a lot of options for birthday parties. Luke decided on the bowling alley for his. I may or may not have not put the dates together in my head until the kids were already on Christmas break that his birthday came before they went back to school. So it was a little tense in us not knowing if there would be 1 kid or 20 at the party. (poor kid having a birthday so close to Christmas and a mom who apparently struggles with walking and chewing gum at the same time :)

 As it turned out we had a pretty good turn out with 12 kids and a few parents. And who doesn't love bowling? The kids all had a blast.

 Who knew taking pictures of constantly moving kids would be so hard. I finally handed over my camera as I was on "I'm thirsty, hungry, need to use the bathroom" duty.

 Being the local bowling alley it wasn't deluxe accommodations but we did have a little semi-room and table.

 Much like the lack of Christmas cookies baked (shush I'm sure the neighbors liked their generic box of chocolates) I admitted defeat and ordered a cake from a local grocery store. Nobody complained so it must not have been to bad. Luke is so funny when the spotlight is on him he gets so serious. This was his face as everyone sang Happy Birthday.

 Kids are so stinkin cute, they got so excited watching Luke open his presents.

 Luke showing off his glasses from the little goodie bags. So all in all the party was a success, he had fun and that's all that matters.

 His actual birthday was Sunday so he woke up to streamers and balloons on his bed.


We went to Applebees for lunch and had them sing for him. His face during the singing was exactly the same as the above picture. This was him as soon as the servers walked away. We are not desert ordering people so a hot fudge Sunday was a huge treat.  (which he very kindly shared with his brother)
 Said brother photo bombing Luke's picture.


I did make cupcakes for him on Sunday.... why pink you might ask, let me explain. Me.. ok I need to bake something, box of cupcakes check. Frick no frosting, that's ok I'll make my own. Frick no powdered sugar, that's ok I'll make my own out of sugar. check add vanilla....gross brown frosting, hum add red food coloring...keep adding... frick pink cupcakes it is. (A little peak into my brain, its a struggle people)

 But Luke declared them to be good so all turned out well.


More opening of presents from family...

One very happy 8 year old. 

Happy birthday Luke! We are so proud of the amazing boy you are, you make us laugh every day and bring endless joy to our lives.

No comments: