Saturday, December 29, 2012

More Christmas

In looking at the last Christmas post I noticed not one picture of our tree. I simply couldn't let that happen our Christmas tree is one of my favorite things about Christmas.
And the boys wanted to show off the Lego projects they have been working on so it gave me the perfect chance to take pictures of both.
 
This is the biggest Lego project Luke has put together and he did it almost all by himself.

This morning we made it a family project to put together their marble race tower. As you can see there were only a zillion or so pieces. With a few other random Christmas toys thrown in.

So back to our tree. It is a wonderful collection of mismatched ornaments. Every homemade ornament the kids have ever made. (yes I have a gold macaroni ornament which I love) We try to pick up ornaments from every place we travel to. Which makes it so fun every year to unpack them and talk about the memories they bring. We also add picture ornaments every year and any other thing we think of. So there is absolutely no rhythm or reason or theme or color scheme to our tree and I LOVE it.
This year the boys got me this ornament in honor of Bailey. (of course I cried)

I found this globe that I put a small heart over every place each one of us was born. (to the right is a camel ornament we brought home from Kazakhstan)

Me and Dewey's picture this year was on the beach in Jamaica.

Luke's ornament me made at school, so cute.

And Kolbys cutie school ornament, love them.

Dewey and I went on our first cruise this year so of course we needed a ship ornament.

The boys picture ornament was from one of our Christmas card pics.

And finally the boys and I went to Texas this summer and got to visit the Alamo, tada.

I'm sure I'll spend tomorrow carefully packing up all the ornaments to pack away until next year. I hope this coming year brings as many adventures and wonderful memories that last year brought us.

No comments: