Friday, June 15, 2012

Lifes little adventures

Two weeks ago as I was leaving work I noticed a strange smell in the air.... Hum that smells like smoke. I turned around to see smoke billowing over our building. This picture was after, once the fire was under control but it looks much the same. That would have been cool if I was level headed enough to whip out my camera before hand.

I ran back in, grabbed Dewey and said I was pretty sure something was on fire possibly our building. He ran out and sure enough to the West side of our building there was a fire coming up the hill......fast. There happened to be a hose attached to a faucet so Dewey grabbed it and started spraying down our building. Apparently the fire department were aware that the fire was moving up hill towards business and homes, they were there within minutes. This was when my camera came out.

They had the fire under control and then out in no time at all. Which was a good thing since when the other business's in the building were running out with their servers and important equipment. I ran back in totally not prepared as to what I should grab. I mean I heard everyone talking about servers and thought yea that sounds important, huh I wonder where ours is. (ok and I really don't even know what one looks like shush don't tell)

I took these the next day, the fire was literally feet from our building.

The boys thought it was super cool their dad was a firefighter for a day, spraying the building down.

And the smoke....gag... my car stunk inside and out. Our office is just now losing the campfire smell. The other day I was standing in line at the bank and thought "gross whats that smell" Didn't take long to figure out is was me, well actually my purse. Even my cell phone smelled like smoke. 
Just another adventure....... 

No comments: