Friday, June 22, 2012

Fathers Day.. a little late

Happy Fathers Day to all you wonderful fathers out there.
We spent the afternoon at Dad & Winnies having a very nice BBQ. I made sure they even had steaks. The real kind not the veggie meat I'm always trying to pass off to them as real. I did have to ask a fellow shopper which ones to buy, I picked someone wearing wranglers. I figure a cowboy knows a little something about beef. Nothing but the best for my two favorite dads.

I know I don't say or write enough about what an amazing father Dewey is. I have known Dewey for 26 years and he has always had a way with kids, they simply love being around him. With Luke and Kolby he is the super fun roll around on the floor wrestling kind of dad. The soccar, chess, battleship, starwars playing kind of dad. Almost every night after I have tucked the boys in bed they ask Dewey to stay and talk to them. The three of them have boy talk from 3 minutes to a half hour. Dewey stays and talks and listens until they are done saying whatever is on their minds.

Something happened this week that only added to the million things I adore about this man. Dewey has an incredably stressful and demanding job. From the moment he wakes up there are phone calls and emails waiting. This past week we noticed that Lukes Guine pig seemed to be breathing wierd. Dewey called me at work to say he was going to be late they were taking Tennison in to the vet. He had two upset and worried boys on his hands. They headed into town, got to the vets office and were waiting for the doctor to come in when Tennison took his last little breath. Now he had to explain to two upset boys that Tennison didnt make it and went to heaven. He then drove the half hour back home so the boys could bury him. That morning Dewey took the few hours that it took to make sure Luke and Kolby knew that their feelings were important. And believe me when I say Dewey does not have any spare time, he had a stack of calls waiting for him. Even when things are stressful and seem overwhelming Dewey puts the boys needs first.
Happy fathers day Dewey, we love you.

No comments: