Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Cowboy swimming pool

So lets just say you live in the country where tumbleweeds abound and the wind always blows. You can imagine how a cute little blow up pool would not last long in such conditions. So what happens when its a very hot day and two little boys are jumping up and down to get out their swimming pool to play with. Do you explain that their pool is residing in the local dump since last fall? Leading to a surefire meltdown of epic proportions. Here's another option... If you have a very clever hubby like mine you get a "Cowboy" Swimming pool.

When you have horses you always have water troughs hanging around just waiting to be used.


I have to hand it to Dewey he played it up like this was by far the coolest and best swimming pool available. And not everybody was lucky enough to have their very own "Cowboy" swimming pool.

As you can see the boys had a blast, jumping, splishing and splashing. I have heard them telling people about their "Cowboy" swimming pool and then wathcing peoples faces go blank, makes me smile every time :)

In contrast to my sad flowerless yard is my baby sisters PERFECTLY landscaped yard. I'm not kidding not one weed in her whole stinkin yard. (you can't go more then a few feet in mine without spotting 1 or 500) I tell her the weeds are scared of her and wouldn't dare grow in her yard. (its probably true)

She has a beautiful pond that her and her husband made their very own selves.

They have all kinds of exotic fish that proved to be simply irresistible to the boys.

Since none of the fish let my little darlings pet them (weird I know) Auntie Liz showed how she hand feeds them treats. Both Luke and Kolby were suitably impressed with this.

Pretty sure that unless we win the lottery and I can pay someone to landscape and then maintain our yard it will never look as good as Liz's. But I do have standards, I occasionally ride around looking at our little neighborhood which is made up of 5-6 acre lots to check out the other yards. As long as ours is not the worst I'm happy. There is only so much time in the day, Pick your battles people :)

No comments: