Friday, September 19, 2008

FFF=Hope

Today's FFF is "HOPE"


I tried to decide which picture we have that most represents hope. And I kept coming back to these two. I can't remember a time that I have felt more hope. After waiting 15 years we were finally going to meet our son.


As far back as I can remember I planned on being a mother, I dreamed of 2 or 3 children.


After years of Infertility I was afraid that I had no hope left in me.


Adoption gave it back.


You can see in my face I'm just glowing, to me that's hope.


Its a time I will remember forever in my heart.




This one is Dewey and I at our wonderful friend Irene and Brads house in Las Vegas. Their car is packed with everything we are taking to Kazakhstan and we are getting ready to leave for the airport.


This is us at the Las Vegas Airport right before the first leg of our journey started. (slot machines in the back might have given away our location) It was a Tues we didn't arrive in Kyzylorda until Fri. (time changes) Needless to say the pics of us arriving.... not so cute :)




Things that bring me hope now.....


I have volunteered to become a CASA, I'm a few weeks into the training now. It really is an amazing organization. And its something I felt like I could do to help the children in my community.This is their website, its a national organization, check it out.






To give a child a CASA is to give them a voice. To give them a voice is to give them hope. And to give them hope is to give them the world.
—Pamela Butler, former foster youth




We are lucky to live within an hour of the countries largest no kill animal sanctuary

We have volunteered a few times for them over the years. It such an amazing place, if the animals are unable to be placed in homes for any reason they are able to spend the rest of their lives living in this beautiful happy place.
Have a wonderful weekend!!!!
And check out Sarah at http://kissthefrog4me.blogspot.com/ For more Hope FFF

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Our hope in adopting is evident in our children. I'm so thankful that God institued adoption so many many years ago!!

Debbie

Pineapple Princess said...

I LOVE your messages of HOPE! Thank you for inspiring me today!

Hannah said...

I understand what you are saying. I too lost all hope after years of infertility. I was so young (22) and totally unprepared for it. I felt so hollow and sad...then I saw his little face and everything changed.

I am so proud of you for joining CASA That is just amazing!!

Have a great weekend and hug those little bundles of joy and hope!!

Hannah

Tracy said...

That is a special thing to be volunteering for, giving a child a voice. Well done and good luck!

Anonymous said...

Awesome post. I love the pictures of you and Dewey at the airport - we never thought to do that for any of our adoptions.

That is amazing that you have joined CASA. I know that they do great work and you will be giving hope to the people that need it most.

Have a great weekend! Anne

Ruthanne said...

The memories and joy and HOPE of those days before meeting our little ones can't be understood except by those who have been through it. Your faces say it ALL!

Anna said...

Loved your post Stacey. I can so relate to the whole infertility struggle and then the joy of our 2 girls joining our family through adoption was such a blessing to our family. And your 2 gorgeous boys are such blessings to your family too!

And how wonderful you volunteering for those 2 organisations...good on you!