Saturday, February 2, 2008

One year ago today....

We met Luke for the first time One year ago today!!
The moment he was put in my arms was simply surreal. I had waited 16 years to have a child. We had been traveling for 3 days to get to him. I had slept a little over that time Dewey not at all. We were there with two other couples. They took all of us into the Orphanage director’s office. The door opens and we see Luke, He was dressed in a huge coat and scarf and he was crying. They handed him to me; as soon as I stood up with him he stopped crying. Right about the time I started crying. In my arms was a two year old 16 pound little boy. And he was ours….. My mind had a hard time grasping that fact. After so many years of infertility, after the two year adoption process, it didn’t seem possible. I looked around and saw the other couples experiencing much the same feelings. The amount of emotion in that 12x12 room was staggering. Dewey stood up with me and the two of us just hugged Luke, we have a son! We didnt take any pictures of that moment, it didnt seem right to us. These pictures were taken within a few days of our first meeting.
February 2nd is a day that will forever be vivid in mymemory, it’s the day I fell in love with my son.

No comments: