Monday, February 25, 2008

Fun day on the slopes???

First ever Picture of Luke Skiing



He's much happier inside drinking HOT chocolate


Check out dad teaching Luke the "old school" ways

Well fun but not on the slopes. The plan was for us to spend the day at Brian Head, a local ski resort. Dewey was going to ski and Luke and I were going to play in the snow, wander around and have some lunch. It was blue Sky's in Cedar City when we left. It took less then 45 minutes to drive to Brian Head.... into a blizzard. The lifts were shut down because of the winds, no skiing for Dew. We thought we would just put Luke's skis on and play at the bottom of the lifts. (thanks to Jennie and her kids Luke has skis, they are a little big but at his age its not a big deal, thank you Jennie!!) As soon as Luke got out of the car he started yelling "my eyes, my eyes". I guess kids don't really like blizzard type snow blowing in their faces. We put his skis on and he played in the parking lot for all of 3 minutes. Then it was off to find something warm to drink.

2 comments:

Carla said...

Love that blog post, Stacey. Too cute! Have you heard anything about your case? Here's my email, sweetpea31897@msn.com. I am going to GC in about a week and you have been on my mind. Drop me an email when you have time.

Paula said...

Some part of me is jealous of the snow and blowing winds but not enough to want to live there. Our 78 degree weather today was great. Thanks for sharing. I just love seeing pictures of Luke and you and Dewey. I feel like I know you all.