Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Adventure in the mud




Luke and I had quite the adventure today...in our own yard. Dewey had to run to Salt Lake for a conference so he took the Saturn and left us the Dodge. I had a late meeting so instead of pulling into the driveway I pulled around the back to feed the horses. (we do this all the time there is a road that goes all the way around the house) Well about 30 feet onto our property we just sunk. I realized two things, one I am no expert at getting out of the mud and two Luke repeats everything I say even the words I don't want him to. After we were good and stuck I remembered the Dodge has 4 wheel drive. After I figured out how to get us into 4 wheel drive we were able to get out of the hole and fish tail our way around the house. Hum I might need to wash the car before Dew gets home tomorrow. And I wonder if those ruts are going to just fill themselves back in. As I write this there is a full on white out blizzard out there. That might solve the problem if snow covers everything up :)

No comments: