Friday, April 5, 2013

Happy Easter

 Last week Kolbys class had a field trip to a local park. I was able to schedule some time off from work so I could help. I am now of the opinion kindergartner's might just be the very cutest people in the world.
Me and another parent got to the park early to sprinkle candy all over the grass.
 When the kids arrived they got to run around and find candy and eggs to put in the bunny bags they had made earlier. So stinkin cute!
 One little girl came up to me and asked if I knew about the Tasmanian Devil. Without a pause I said "oh yea Taz and Bugs Bunny from the Looney Tunes" She tilted her little head and said "I'm not sure about that one the one I'm talking about is a wild animal that lives in Australia" Bahaa I got schooled by a 5 year old.
 Their teacher being very wise had the kids running all over. Its hard to tell from my phone pics but these kids all have huge grins on their faces. So happy to be running. I tried to think back about the last time I was happy about running. I honestly can't remember but suspect it was sometime in middle school. What an amazing and precious thing to be happy for no reason other then running with all your friends.
 They got to have a picnic lunch which was a pretty big deal since they only go to school half day so they normally don't get to eat lunch together. Most of them have on their green class shirts. Their teacher had them each draw a picture of themselves and then had shirts made with all the kids pictures on them. Beyond cute.
We spent Easter weekend camping with family, Our first trip of the season. Very fun to see everyone. The Easter bunny found the boys so they were able to have an Easter egg hunt in the wild. Guess who makes a mean dutch oven pot roast? This vegetarian. (So I'm told since I didn't actually taste it.)
The rest of the week was spent at doctors appointment so a certain son who has severe eczema could get meds and creams. Which certain son is NOT pleased in the least to have to put on twice a day. Same son also had to have a tooth pulled. So thankful for the amazing kid dentists that are out there now. They have been so good with both boys.

No comments: