Thursday, April 18, 2013

Red cliffs hike

 We had not done this hike in two years.Two years makes a BIG difference in what the boys can do. We got to the end and Dew and I both said, "that's it we are here all ready, didn't it take longer than that last time?". I downloaded a hiking app on my phone (I love love me some stats people) The hike was all of .77, not even a mile long...... what the.
 Even if it barely counts as a hike we still love it. Red rocks, blue sky and water YES please.


 Check out my wild man hubby. See the water, walking in it not a big deal. Dropping your whole person in it a huge deal. Guess where this water came from? That's right freshly melted snow......brrrrrrrr
 This little water whole was deep enough that Dew couldn't touch the bottom. It didn't stop the boys from figuring out a solution. Pretty handy that a rock slide was available.
 Do you think Luke had fun?
 Kolby's turn, that's right Dew dunked his body three times in icy water.
 They were both doing their warrior yells.
 If you are looking for pics of me doing the same, keep looking. This mama stayed warm and dry on the shore. Hey I was holding the camera it had to be protected :)
Did I mention how much beautiful it is here?
Second hike of the season done and much enjoyed.

No comments: