Tuesday, March 26, 2013

First hike of the season

 With spring in the air (not at our house which was still below freezing) we went in search of sun and the great outdoors. We ended up in St George exploring Snow Canyon.....B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L
Stunning landscape. 
We thought this rock formation looked like a dragon.
 We looked at the park map and picked a 3 1/2 mile hike, thinking it would be a good hike to start the season with. (meaning we spent the winter doing nothing that would resemble physical activity.....at all) There is something about red rock, green shrubs and blue sky that just amazes me.
 Is it weird that I highly dislike snakes but think lizards are super cute?
 We did not realize until it was to late that the hike we choose was spent mostly following a sandy river bottom. No biggie you say until you start walking through deep sand... and think hum we may be way more out of shape then we thought.
 I'm still not sure if the boys legs were really tired like they claimed or if they just wanted to play in the sand.

 Our hike was called "Three ponds" we ended at this little circle of water. Which I suppose could loosely be called a pond. We did realize we were in the desert so we didn't really expect a lush green lake. But were hoping for a little more then a stinky water hole. Still pretty in its own way. I like both these pictures with the mirror image of the boys.

 Luke took these pictures of Dew and I . This one is with Kolby photo bombing us He tried to jump on my back and Dew with his magic dad hands is grabbing him before we all fall.
 We are telling Luke "are you pointing the camera at us?"
Him "yes" us "it doesn't look like you are, can you see us?" Him "yes yes I can see you I know what I'm doing".
When I saw this photo I was pretty impressed I love that its not centered with so much of the landscape in the background. Not a bad little photographer.
 Fun first hike can't wait for the next one!

No comments: