Friday, March 15, 2013

Almost Spring

 In our neck of the woods almost spring means snow one day and tree climbing a few days later. When the boys woke up to snow last weekend they ran right out to enjoy it. Pay no attention to the shoes. They have boots I swear but who can remember things like that in the excitement of snow. I'm pretty pleased they have coats and gloves on. Pick your battles people :)
 They each attempted to make a snowman. Unfortunately the urge to smash and wreck things was a bit to strong.
 So they never got much farther then a round ball. Plus someone, I'm not naming names stole the snowman's carrot nose and ate it up.
 The snow soon melted and we have enjoyed near perfect weather the rest of the week. It has been so nice that Kolby was able to get out one of his Birthday presents to play with. The rocket launch was a huge hit.

 Of course it wasn't long before they had the rocket launched on the roof. Luke tried to explain to me how he would like me to put a large flower pot on the patio table then climb on top of both with him in my arms and THROW him on the roof. When I woke up that morning I did not think I would say the words "No I will not throw you up on the roof" out loud. But on a bright note I'm happy my son thinks I can lift and throw 42 pounds up and over my head. I mean I tell them I'm Wonder Women but I thought they mostly didn't believe me ;) In the end Dew rescued the rocket with the use of a ladder when he got home.
 And the best part (to the boys) about warm weather.......
 Tree climbing. Look how high those little monkeys got. When I saw how high Kolby was and how small the branches were that he was standing on I told him to get down. "OK mom but take a picture first I look good up here"
 Just another "normal" week with the Warner's

No comments: