Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Solar Eclipse

As most of you know there was a Solar eclipse on Sunday. We just happen to be lucky enough to live a mere 20 minutes from what was deemed the "sweet spot" for viewing the eclipse.
We had front row seats in Grandpa and Grandmas pasture. Grandpa being the very wise man that he is ordered us all official Eclipse viewing glasses online. Saving us hours of standing in lines before they were all sold out in town.
Here's Kolby showing them off.
Dewey's birthday was yesterday so we squeezed in birthday cake along with our Eclipse watching.
Happy Birthday to my darling hubby!!
Since the glasses were big people size and the boys have little people heads there was much sliding on and off of glasses. Grandpa came to the rescue with baseball hats to hold the glasses in place.

Dewey also built a very official eclipse viewing devise. Also know as box with a hole in it. This was Lukes first choice for watching the eclipse.

Dewey took a bunch of pretty cool pictures during the eclipse, this is one of my favorites.

Ok so there is a real trick to taking photos of a Eclipse. Me with my severe lack of knowledge on all things photographic did not do very well. I finally figured out that if I held the glasses in front of the camera I could get something like what we were looking at.
Are you ready?????


And the total full eclipse, ring of fire is the official term. (I think)

Pretty cool huh? An amazing thing to watch, right up my nerd alley. I'm so thankful we were able to experience it.

No comments: