Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Busy busy busy....

Now I know that some people are masters at fitting in 1002 things into their 24 hours...... I am not one of those people. I know that some love and even thrive on running from place to place with a never ending list of things to do. Also not me. So on weeks when this just happens to be the case for our little family I fall behind on our blog and DO NOT whatever you do look at the inside of our house. 
So a little wrap up of the past week or so. 
Luke was is a Shakespeare play at school. A little background, our small town is known far and wide for our yearly Shakespeare festivals. Its actually a pretty big deal and the pride of all who live in the area. So not all that strange for Luke's  class to put on "A midsummer's night dream". This has to rank as one of the cutest stinkin things I have ever seen.


And these kids were Ah-mazing, they knew their lines and parts and just acted their little hearts out. 



I'm happy to say that Luke was not in the least little bit afraid of being in front of a crowd. So comfortable in fact that he would say a line then bend down to fuss with his shoes, totally unconcerned with all the eyes watching him. To me this is a wonderful thing, I wish I had even 10% of that kind of confidence. I have never said any lines in any play and to this day I'm petrified to be in front of people. And I am about 106 years past first grade.
They performed their play at the actual Shakespeare outdoor theater. If I was really smart I could tell you the official name but that's just not the case so you'll just have to use your own Shakespeare knowledge and kinda picture what it looks like. Grandpa met Dewey and I there, I think its safe to say we all LOVED it.  


Next was the Relay for life walk. Some of my friends asked me to be on their team. As I have never met a person  who has not been affected by cancer including myself I readily agreed. It was a moving and amazing experience.


When they lit the bags there was not a dry eye in the place. Each of the bags had the name of a loved one written on it with a light inside. Heartbreaking to see enough of them to circle the stadium. 


My team was on the small side so I ended up staying from 6pm until 6am walking. Yes sir 12 hours, up all night walking..... I'm happy to say I made the commitment and I did it.....and its yet another time I felt my age. 

Next up was our towns Spring Home and Garden show. I was on the planning committee so loads of time on the various zillion boring and mundane tasks that it takes to pull off a successful show. And WOOP-EEE it was last weekend (meaning its OVER and DONE) And it really was a success we doubled our attendance people seemed pretty happy, what more could I want. 
Hopefully now I can breathe for five minutes and maybe dust a thing or two in my house. (ok we all know there is no dusting getting done, but laundry for sure) 

No comments: