Friday, May 18, 2012

Quick catchup

This post will lovingly be called information dump :)
In the past week....
One child has eaten cat food.
One child has drank out of the guinea pigs water container.
One child watched a seemingly innocent kids show with monsters in it and is now convinced there are monsters under his bed. Meaning there are 3 of us that have not had a full nights sleep in a week. (fun fact I am not one of those people that can sleep 4 hours a night and wake all perky and refreshed)
The kids now have friends that come over to play. I won't even get into (too much) how I am so not ready to have them playing on their own with friends. Even so I have given them a pinch more freedom, as long as they stay in the fenced part of the yard. I do realize its a healthy part of growing up. But still.... So at least 3 times a week our house and yard is filled with 4-5 screaming running, jumping, laughing soccer playing boys. I have stocked up on Popsicles and Dewey built them a soccer goal. Their playground is a work in progress.
It seriously just occurred to me yesterday that while I am falling woefully behind in cleaning the inside of my house the outside is now filled with weeds. Pretty sure neither area is going to magically take care of itself.
I know I totally missed a Mothers day post. So to all you wonderful mama's out there....
Much love and hugs from us. I hope you had a perfect Mothers day.
My boys spoiled me with breakfast in bed. Kolby and Luke decided I would love pancakes, scrambled eggs and strawberries. They both helped Dewey in their own ways, it was DELICIOUS. We spent the afternoon at Grandma and grandpa's having a mothers day BBQ. Very nice relaxing day.

As I am behind in pictures I thought I would post these super cute ones from a few months ago.
We bought these hats in Jamaica for the boys. While we were there our driver taught us the word "Irie" he said it was a staple of the Jamaican language.
This is the official definition....
To be at total peace with your current state of being.
The way you feel when you have no worries. "Everything is irie mon"
I think its perfect for me to remember this during this time in our lives.
This is the boys showing off their hats while saying "Irie"





I saw this on Pinterest and had to smile.... reminds me of someone I know ;)




No comments: