Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Luke!!

My baby boy is 7!!

Oops I let it slip again. As of his birthday Luke said I could no longer call him "my baby boy". He informed me that now that he is 7 he is not a baby boy. He was very firm on this point. I countered back that even when he is old enough to be a grandpa he will still be my baby boy. However he could not be swayed by mere sappy mom emotions....... so I'm trying hard not to do it. (at least to his face :)


We decorated his door and the entryway so when he woke up this is what he saw.


I mean really how much fun is it to smack around balloons??
Just look at this face that I love so much.


The boys decided that instead of having separate friend parties they wanted to combine their Birthday party into a Ski day. Luke went skiing for the first time on his 5th birthday since Kolby is turning 5 next month it only seems right to carry on the tradition. We plan on going in a few weeks and can't wait. We also hope that by that time there will be snow for us to ski on. Notice I said Ski, Luke is apparently old enough to know that snowboarding is the much "cooler" option now-a-days. However we are Old school (old being the key word there) Dewey is a REALLY good skier, I mean double black diamond, jumps and all. I can get down the mountain, I'm not saying its pretty but I can get to the bottom in one piece. So skiing is what we will be teaching them. Hopefully once they have those skills down they can teach themselves how to snowboard :)

Since Lukes birthday was on a school day, Kolby and I drove into town and picked up a couple dozen doughnuts (per Lukes request) for his class treats. It was so cute when we dropped them off to his class. All the kids jumping up and down and hugging Luke.

For our family party Luke wanted to go bowling with Grandma and Grandpa. So Fri night we all met at the local bowling alley for dinner and bowling.



We all had such a good time.


And I'm not saying that having the kid bumpers up didn't improve the adults scores. A few of us even broke 100 :) But Grandpa pulled it out the win in the end.




Then it was back to our house for cake and presents. Luke picked out a sprinkle cake mix that he wanted "stacked". I think it turned out pretty cute.



I love this picture.


Yes the boys are sitting on the counter again. I swear I don't know how it happens, the little monkeys scamper up there and before I notice we are well into our way of some activity



Kolby was so sweet getting as close as he could while still letting Luke have his moments.




Lukes class put together a Birthday book for him. All his classmates had written him a Birthday letter. SO STINKIN CUTE! I personally think Luke is a HILARIOUS kid, but apparently so do a lot of his friends. There were quite a few "luke you are so funny, you make me laugh" type comments. Such a cute idea for his teacher to do.


Luke amazes me everyday. He is one of the more stubborn people I have ever met (next to my sister) he is a little to good a being the boss, its a role he really likes. We spend a lot of time reminding him hes not. He is fiercely protective of Kolby. Once they are both home they are never apart they do everything together, play,laugh, fight. He loves to make us laugh, he made a little dance the other day that he loves to do because he said he "likes to see us laugh". His reading is really coming along and he is a wizz at math. And don't get me started on legos. I think every room in the house has one of his creations in various states of being done. He loves creating ships, and everything else you can think of.


The love I have for this boy is simply boundless.

Happy Birthday Luke,

We love you!!



















2 comments:

Dan and Haley said...

Happy Birthday LUKE!!!

Hannah said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope he had a great day :)