Monday, November 7, 2011

Katy Football

My brother Jordan is a football player. And not just any football player he is a starting outside linebacker for his high school team. His high school team just happens to be ranked 5th in the country right now, A pretty big deal. Hes a senior this year so my brother Steve and I decided we would fly out for his last game. (not really his last game since they are now going on to state playoffs but anyway) Dewey and I decided Luke and Kolby would not sit still long enough to watch the game and since that was the whole point of going they would stay home this trip. So it was a boys weekend at our house, filled with McDonald's, and movies with Grandma and Grandpa. Big thanks to my darling hubby for handling everything so I could go. We flew out last Fri night to make it in time for the early Sat game.

Steve and Patrick (who went to state playoffs himself 2 years ago). Were able to get passes to stand on the sidelines for the whole game.


Being that I'm from Utah I had heard about Texas high school football (I don't live under a rock) but really had no idea how big it is. So fun to be able to be part of it all for a game. Tailgaters and people standing in line for hours for a high school game...who knew.

Jordan is number 40. I tried to take pictures of him playing but with my bad eyes/not the best digital camera/ no zoom lens they did not turn out all that great. But you get the idea :)




I missed getting shots of Jordan's tackles and sacks, but he looked great. Such a fun game to watch with all the crowd enthusiasm.



Katy won 38-7!!

They took regional and broke the school record for least allowed scored points by the other teams for the season. (prob not the technical term but that's how I understood it) Way to go Jordan!!

Jordan, Steve and my mom after the game


Patrick, Jordan and Steve


When they go to state (which I'm sure they will) they get to play in the Dallas Cowboys stadium, how cool is that?
After the game they drove us to Kemah, which is on the gulf. Whoopee for me I got to see some ocean water only only very favorite thing. We brought a wheel chair for grandma since she had already gone to the football game. It was a bit to much walking for her.

Me, Patrick, Steve, Jordan with Grandma.




This pic makes me laugh, the wind was blowing just a tad....


We had a wonderful time! Kemah was doing a military appreciation weekend, They had a skydiver and Darryl Worley live in concert. We have a lovely dinner, shopped a little and explored the area. The weather was warm and perfect. The night was topped off by an amazing fireworks show. A good time had by all.

I was not all all happy to return home on Sunday to a snow storm and the freezing temps we have had ever since.

A fun quick weekend that I'm so glad we were able to do. Big thanks to all that helped make it happen. And huge congrats to Jordan on his winning season!!




















No comments: