Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

A little late I know. But I hope you all had a wonderful day, filled with blessings and thankfulness.

We headed up north to spend it with my side of the family. Liz and Gary hooked us up with deluxe accommodations. Steve and Miki hosted Thanksgiving at their house and it was wonderful. Great food... (yum yum tofurkey for me and Miki) Such fun to get to spend time with family.

I talked Steve, Miki, Keanna and Liz into doing the whole midnight black Fri shopping thing with me. I think we had a blast, laughing, joking running and shopping. We didn't fall into bed until after 4am. (ok I may have been tired and grumpy at the end but that's WAY past my bedtime) Good times!!


So our newest member Snickers is doing great. Other then Dewey and I spending most of our time saying "Kolby put the cat down". He carries her everywhere, whatever he does she does.


I swear they were both looking at the new toy catalog that came in the mail.



We spent the weekend recuperating after our Thanksgiving getaway. But there are always things to do around the house and yard. I knew the boys were "supposed" to be helping Dew rake leaves and spread in the garden. When I looked outside I saw them taking turns jumping off the hay piles

throwing leaves in the air



And having their version of snowball fights using leaves.



Not sure how much actual work got done but it looked like fun to me.

We also took our pics for Christmas cards. Generally I make it a big stressed out occasion for me. This year I thought, it has to be an easier way. So we slapped on the Santa hats and walked out into our very own yard.

Here's a sneak peak at one we took



I'm fairly sure that the boys believe the whole purpose of our hay is for them to jump off.


And lucky for them dad makes the perfect catcher.




On Saturday we met Grandma and Grandpa at the theater and saw Authors Christmas, a very cute Christmas movie. Sunday we put our Christmas tree up. The boys favorite part is seeing all their decorations from years past. The ones they have made and the ones with their pictures. They love seeing how much their hands have grown from their hand print ornaments.

Let the holidays begin!!
















No comments: