Monday, November 14, 2011

Fall Fun

A few weeks ago when we still had leaves on the trees and they were such beautiful colors the boys I decided to take some fall pics. OK it was mostly me that decided but they were nice enough to play along. Alright alright so I may have bribed them with their brand new light sabers that arrived that very day if they would only smile. But we got pictures!

We even took some of our home grown pumpkins. How big does Luke look in this picture (sob sob)
I love taking pictures, however it makes me SO frustrated when I don't take good ones. I'm sure this has a lot to do with my lack of knowledge, camera and no photo editing skills. These are all things I plan to change, they are on my "To do" list for the new year. Move over "work out/ get in shape" that has been there for the past 100 or so years. And unlike the latter one I plan to do the Photo one :)
Kolby with his happy face


We still had fun though...


Look at these real smiles, not the camera smiles they are so good at flashing me.



We went to one of my favorite places to take pics an old farm/barn.

I love this one.


And this one...



True story, the last time we went there the elderly farmer that owns the property pulled up to ask what we were doing. I politely asked him if it was alright for me to take a few pictures. (from the looks of the place it has been abandoned for years) He looked at me like I was crazy. "you want to take pictures here"? Me, yes please. "I don't know why you would but go ahead". He walked off shaking his head. Funny how people see beauty in different things. :)
We are past the fall stage and currently in the holding pattern for snow and full on winter.... So I thought I better get these posted. Hope everyone is well and gearing up for the holidays. Enjoy some hot apple cider on us.













1 comment:

Anna said...

I think they're fabulous photos Stacey and the boys are just adorable and look SO happy. They have great smiles don't they!
I think the farm shots are very rustic and good ones even if the owner didn't agree with you:)

Hope you're all going well.
Take care,
Anna