Tuesday, November 22, 2011

23 is the answer.

The question is ....How many animals do we have?

With the addition of our brand new kitten, 23 animals.

I'm sure you all are wondering (and ready to call some sort of animal control) so I'll break it down for you.

13 chickens

2 Horses

2 Dogs

2 Guinea Pigs

4 Cats

In our defence one of the cats is a barn cat that showed up about a month ago and lives ONLY in the barn. Kolby named him "Tractor" a few weeks ago. (the cat mostly lives under the tractor, we are nothing if not clever)

Our brand new rescued Kitten is named Snickers and just cute as can be.

The boys are just a tad excited to have a new kitten.



We were not planning on a new cat nor did we go in search of one. But when someone leaves a poor little kitten half starved and freezing outside my sister in laws doorstep what are you gonna do. With a little help from Grandma putting everyone together the boys have a new kitten.


And you know my motto "Whats one more?"


As of last night Snickers started acting like a real kitten playing and jumping. So with a few days some love and food shes going to be just fine.


On an unrelated topic I had to show a picture of our typical morning.......


This is Luke and Kolby AFTER waking up and making their way into the Family room



In case any of you were under the impression we are a "bright eyed, bushy tailed, rise and shine" type family.....we are not. Some of us (me,me,me,me) can fake it better then others. (every male member of the family) But as a whole we are a "much rather be snug in bed" then up and facing the day family.

Just a little nugget into our lives :) Plus the above pics just make me smile.


Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!











1 comment:

Hannah said...

Wow. You have your hands full! I grew up on a farm and we had tons of animals. Now I just stick to three dogs and a cat...but my husband is slowly talking me into adding animals.

I am NOT a morning person and neither is Sophia. I get up early but Sophia does the same thing when I get her up. You'll find her asleep on the floor or a corner somewhere if you turn your back.