Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Texas Vacation

We have been CRAZY busy lately, full swing summer fun.

The boys preschool closed for summer vacation last week for two weeks. This made things more then a little tricky to try and figure out with work. My grandma has been asking for us to come visit her in Texas for ages. Knowing this my amazing brother Steve and his girlfriend Miki arraigned for Steve, me and the boys to fly out there last week. I was going to have to miss work anyway so perfect chance to go.

This is how Kolby starts his vacation...... He fell asleep before the plane was off the ground. (on both flights) And can I just say personal DVD players best invention ever. Kept both boys happy as can be the whole flight. (for Kolby on the parts he was awake :)


We had an amazing fun filled trip.


Who doesn't love a carousal?


There is a park across the street from Grandmas, which the boys thought was the coolest thing ever. Living in the country we have to go into town to play at parks.




I do have to say I was not expecting the heat/humidity. We are high desert people IE DRY heat. Poor Luke ran around the whole time saying "why am I so sweaty" Steve dunked both boys heads in the cold water and they begged for more.



Me and my cute grandma in front of her beautiful little house. (I promise that's not a fanny pack its a purse that just squished over to the middle)


Steve and I both took a ton of pictures so we can put together a book for grandma, in this one we are enjoying the evening air. Me hot grandma cool as a cucumber :)


My brother Jordan Plays football for his high school. I had heard about Texas high school football but I don't think I understood until I saw first hand. We were able to go to a practice game he had, so fun to see. I might be a little prejudice but I think he is really good. Luke was more then impressed. Once we got home he has told everyone "My uncle is a football player, man you should see him play" too funny.


One of the days we went to the Children's Museum in Houston. We got there a little early so we took the chance for more photo ops. Liz is missing from this sibling pic, the first one we have had in a very long time.


This is a boys only photo :)


Luke and Kolby simply adored their uncles, it only took about five minutes and they didn't leave their sides. I love this pic of Kolby and Patrick so cute. Jordan and Patrick were so sweet with the boys one of the highlights of the trip for sure.


Once again the country thing comes into play not a lot of large children's museums around......so the boys went into full fun overload. I swear it took all 6 adults to look after the two of them.
The craft station was not as fun for them as it would have been for say me. But vise versa for the Lego building/racing station. I think Jordan and Patrick were having almost as much fun, except that as soon as they would start something the Little's were off to something else.


Who knew a little pretend store would be so fun for them. I assumed since they have gone grocery shopping with me at least 152 times they wouldn't care, oh not so. They had a blast finding the food they wanted and putting it in their very own baskets. Jordan was "cashier" and rang up their purchases.


Check out this climbing thing, I mean really how cool is this. Except for the fact that once Luke and Kolby started climbing I lost track of them and there were openings on three different floors. I'm a fairly neurotic mom so this did not go well. Jordan and Steve started climbing after the boys and Patrick ran up the stairs..... Your welcome everyone for the exercise :) In the picture you can sort of see the Little's scrambling up.


Such a fun day for the boys that they will not soon forget. They are already asking if they can go back next weekend. Um yea sure thing. I guess I better look into the Children's museum in salt lake city that's only 3 1/2 hours away.


There were two beautiful little lakes in my moms neighborhood, kids....ducks yup fun


Huge miracle that the boys didn't go in the water, it might have been the beware of snakes (icky and super icky) signs that I used to freak them out just a tad about even putting their toes in the water. Hey there was a sign that's a real threat.

I forgot some pics so I'm sure I'll be adding more in another post. Plus some from our family camping trip the weekend before we left for Texas.

Here's one last airport pic waiting for our plane.


A very fun trip that I'm so thankful to Steve and Miki for putting together!!






































1 comment:

Hannah said...

That looks like a great vacation! Humidity is Horrible here so I can only imagine how bad it would be there.

Glad you had a little time to see your family...even if you ARE wearing a fanny pack ;)