Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ok its been a week......

I can talk about it....... yep its official I am 40!

Luckily for me I have the best hubby,siblings and friends in the world. They planned a surprise trip to Las Vegas for the weekend. I knew Dew and I were going, I thought to celebrate our Bir-Anni (birthday-anniversary same day). The fact that everyone else came down was a huge surprise. Its a 6 hour drive for Steve & Miki and Liz & Gary, so very nice of them to come down. It was kinda funny how it worked out..... there was apparently much planning and effort that went into the timing, which I messed up by wanting dinner in Cedar before Dew and I left. This made us literally drive past Liz and Gary on the freeway on the outskirts of Vegas...oops. Steve and Miki arrived about an hour after we did, another big surprise. The first night we all took a limo to Fremont street.

I swear Steve and Miki could not look bad in a picture if they tried :)


If you like to watch people Freemont street is the place to go...... we had a blast walking watching and laughing. They had live bands every so often which I swear were both playing 80's music for me and my oldness.
You can't go to Vegas without getting a picture taken with a creepy Elvis guy



Saturday we spent time at the pool, 100 degrees, cool water, yes please



Liz and Gary reserved seats for us at an AMAZING Cirque DU Soleil type show on Sat night. So we all got dressed up and went to dinner first. Delish Sushi place.


Cute pic of Liz and Gary, so happy we got to spend so much time with them.


How often are we all in one place dressed up? Not enough that we couldn't stop and take pics before the show.... Girls pic Miki, me and Liz



And how handsome are these boys? Gary, Steve and Dewey


Right before the show our friends Todd and Robin showed up as my last surprise. I honestly feel so blessed to have such amazing people in my life.

After the show we went to Margaritaville, one of our can't miss places in Vegas.

Happy 6 year Anniversary sweetie, LOVE YOU!!

We had a great time dancing, chatting and yup eating again :)

So glad Todd and Robin were there.


Boys pic with showgirls....check
Such a fun time, I sort of didn't even notice that I turned 40.
Vegas has such great memories for me. My grandma lived here when I was a child so we spent a LOT of time here. Its the last place I saw my dad alive. Liz and and celebrated her 21 birthday here. Dewey and I have been coming here since I was 19 and he was 21. (it seems like things were a lot cheaper then) Dewey and I were married here 6 years ago. So I can't imagine a better place to celebrate turning 40. Huge huge thanks to everyone for planning and putting it all together, Love you all!!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Happy Birthday!! I'll be 40 on my next birthday...how did we get here? Crazy. Glad you had a great time celebrating.