Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Family camping....

Since our family hike through Zions narrows didn't work out. (completely flooded out) we decided maybe we could do a camping trip, in theory a lot less work. The weekend before we left for Texas we all met out at my grandmas property. A place we love with tons a great memories but that is also located near the middle of nowhere.

Except an old mining ghost town, always a favorite of ours to explore.


Its no secret I love old buildings so I took many, many pics of all angles

We think this was the mercantile, so strange its just standing there by itself, I can only imagine what was around it. I caught Steve and Miki walking by.


Dewey exploring/watching for snakes with the Little's


Its not a camping trip without hotdogs and watermelon and Luke rocking his goggles


I don't even know what face Kolby is making here but it cracked me up.


The boys love "big" Hailey (my niece) and try to hold her hand every chance they get


It was so nice for to spend the weekend with family. Great food, great times, great company! We did have a rattle snake issue...... Kolby nearly stepped on one. He would have except Dewey was right behind him and grabbed him in mid stride. Needless to say this shook up Kolby and Dewey. And me who was not even there.... but can appreciate how scary and gross it was. We may have a family aversion to snakes of all kinds types and slithers. (I know not a real word :)

On the way to the middle of nowhere there are these very cool rocks by the side of the road. If I was much smarter I would tell you the name and kind but you'll have to just go with cool. The kids love to play on them and low and behold there was a geocache hidden. Which proves there are caches everywhere. Here's Steve finding it.


Kolby can not help but climb, I swear give him any kind of surface, round rock flat rock straight up and down rock, he'll climb it.


How cute is this pic of Liz and Gary and their little Leo? Way to cute if you ask me since we had been camping all weekend. You won't be seeing any pics of me :)


Very fun camping trip, enjoyed by all!!
























1 comment:

Hannah said...

Great pictures and sounds like an awesome camping trip. I love old buildings too :)