Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A little of this a little of that

First of all a very happy fathers day (a tad late) to all those wonderful dads out there.

We had a very nice weekend. We decided that because we are going to be crazy busy for the next month or so we would just relax at home. On fathers day the boys and I got up and made breakfast for Dewey, with real meat :) Later on in the afternoon we met Dad and Winnie in town and went to see Kung Fu Panda 2. Very cute show with a great adoption message. (stinkin cartoons making me cry) Then out to dinner. I think both dads had a great time.

I took this picture on Fri, I think it speaks volumes about how amazing Dewey is as a dad. He is still in his business work clothes rolling around wrestling with the boys on the grass. He constantly amazes me, a simply wonderful dad.



Since yesterday was the first day of summer I thought I would add some pictures from a recent trip to the park. Let the summer fun begin!!















And one last thing to share. I love doing craft/art projects/re purposing things. I just don't get a lot of time to do them. Last year I bought this frame at the thrift store for $1. I had something in mind when I bought it but recently changed my mind. I am not a jewelry type girl. In fact I have the same jewelry box I have had since I was a teenager, its not full so why get a new one. But..... I do like necklaces and they were starting to get tangled shoved in my small jewelry box. So I took this frame with black cardboard and turned it into..


A hanging necklace holder



I love it!! I spray painted the frame and hooks, added another piece of cardboard, some quilt backing and soft cream fabric and there you have it.














No comments: