Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"Mom, mom look at me"

I hear this at least 52 times a day. I have learned that its not always good so I better stop whatever it is I'm doing and LOOK. This time it was Kolby climbing halfway to the top of a tree in our backyard.


He was actually pretty high up for the size of tree. I don't think it would support much more weight then the boys.
It was a no fear, simply enjoying climbing moment


It reminded me of how much I LOVED to climb trees when I was a kid. And how I had not thought about it in a long time. There was a tree at my grandmas house in Las Vegas that had the best branches for sitting in. I would stay up there for hours reading.



Just look at this happy boy, making simple memories



Once Luke noticed the fun to be had he was quick to join in.




I do have to admit that with two boys climbing up on skinny little branches we had both me and Dewey standing below to catch any falling kids. Just because I'm happy they are climbing doesn't mean I'm not crazy neurotic at the same time :)



But there were definitely more "wow look how high you are" then "gasp what are you doing get down this minute"




For some reason I just really like these pictures (a may have taken a LOT of them)




None of our tress are big enough for a tree house, but Dewey has plans in mind to build a fort. The boys have been asking for one, so hopefully it will be a summer project.



Love those rare warm spring days on our little farm :)



















1 comment:

Hannah said...

Climbing tress is such a fun part of childhood. I was never very brave with trees but it was still fun :)