Monday, April 11, 2011

Grandma's Visit

My Grandma flew up from Texas for her annual visit. She spent most of the time in Salt Lake with the "northern" family :) but was able to come down and stay almost a week with us too.

We had a fun visit doing a lot of ordinary things and a lot of nothing things. But the highlight of her visit had to be last Sat when we took her to Bryce Canyon.

The weather even cooperated and it was blue skies all day. I think I mentioned in the last post how its nearly impossible to get the boys to "pose" for a picture, case in point look at their faces...god grief How cute is my Grandma?
I was playing with my phone app on my camera, I didn't realize what a big difference it would make in the pictures .....washed out (but I still love it)
Actual red of the canyon.... and boys funny faces
Bryce Canyon is stunning and the best part you can drive almost right up to see this. Making it the perfect place for grandma. There are hikes which are h...a...r...d that we have done a few times luckily for us they are closed during the winter.
One of my favorite pics of me and grandma
B....e..a...u...t..i..f..u...l
Of course we had to find a place to pull off the road that was a safe distance from the canyon for boys (all three of them) to climb rocks.
Red rocks blue sky, gets me every time.
We really had a wonderful day we stopped at the historic Ruby's Inn for a very nice lunch.

So funny story, there is not much around Bryce Canyon especially this time of year when its still a little cold up here. But we noticed a HUGE building that said wildlife museum. I'm not sure why I thought museum would mean live animals but I did. To my credit there were cute little LIVE goats out front. We go in and there were oh I don't know 1000's of dead stuffed animals of every size shape and kind from around the world. UGH...... I do not like dead stuffed animals AT ALL. But it was my idea to stop and the boys thought it was pretty cool......but ick and sad. Since we were the only ones there, it had only opened the day before for the season. The owner let us go out back and feed his deer. They were alive and I didn't want to press my luck even asking what they were for. Oh and chickens too, which for our boys are no big deal.

Luke showed no fear and loved every minute
The deer seemed to like him too, or at least his corn
Kolby not as big a fan of the whole thing, he was pretty much next to me the whole time.

Great memories we made with grandma, a day I'll always remember.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

That is wonderful that you got to spend time with your grandma. I bet she loved every minute of it too.

Those red rocks are stunning! I can imagine it would never get old.

Nikki said...

Cool photos, I like the effects!

Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com --> now offering rotating photo designs!