Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sunday Walk

We woke up on Sunday to an unexpected nice day. We decided we better take advantage of it and go for a walk. There is a really nice paved walking trail in town that follows a creek for a few miles, The perfect place for us to explore.
Watching the boys reminded me of simple pleasures. They can have the best time with....rocks.

One of their favorites things to do is throw rocks in water. Creek, stream, lake, puddle doesn't matter if its water they LOVE to throw rocks in it. Notice Dewey..... hum I wonder where they learned this??

If there is anything better then throwing rocks its climbing on them.
These rocks happened to be the perfect height for climbing and jumping.


For those of you that have met me you know I'm rather high strung. (my siblings have other terms not quite as nice) Its a wonderful thing to have the boys teach me that its OK to slow down and enjoy the little things. The simple joy they get from rocks is a good lesson for me.


On last slide in the fall leaves.

Sure enough we woke up to snow today, with more predicted to be on the way.
So glad we got on last fall walk in.





2 comments:

Anna said...

Such beautiful blue sky!
And love those photos...boys just seem to want to throw rocks in water don't they:)

And I just love the photo of the boys and your dog together...sooo cute:)

Anna

Hannah said...

Isn't it great to get that unexpected gift of nice weather? It's been in the 70's here all week. Even though I know we have other stuff to do, you can't let it pass without playing!

My husband would be throwing the rocks too :)