Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I know I'm a little late, that seems to happen around the holidays. So much going on and only so many hours in the day.
We had a wonderful holiday. G.G (great Grandma to the boys, my grandma) flew up from Texas. She spent almost a week with us helping to get ready for Thanksgiving. We hosted Thanksgiving dinner this year at our house. All my Salt Lake City family came down to make for a festive day. The boys had a blast spending time with everyone. Big thank you to everyone for braving the weather and driving down and for bringing some yummy food!!
Unfortunately our camera did not make it through the day. (we are trying to keep up with the Wilcox's :) In the midst of everything Kolby brought it to me to say it didn't work. Funny how that happens when you drop in on a tile floor. (exact same thing happened to the last camera) On the bright side you have heard me complain about it before it wasn't that nice of a camera. And because I had recently found a photo app for my phone I did not have a complete meltdown.
We have had STORMY COLD weather lately, it was -14 this morning. To the delight of the boys lots of snow. I took these pics on Sunday.

Kolby showing off his skiing goggles.
I did say to the boys delight that includes Dewey and skip .



I myself was inside the house warm and cozy by the fire. I would open the door a crack and hurry to snap some pics.

They did make it look like fun though.


You can't play in the snow without a snow ball fight.


Dewey and I laughed, "snow blower we don't need any snow blower" country folk do it this way.


Thanks again to everyone who shared our Thanksgiving day with us. What a special time of year to remember that we are blessed beyond measure.







1 comment:

Anna said...

I love your photos Stacey...your phone can do amazing effects can't it.

And it looks SO cold now at your place and there is SO much snow!! Things change so fast in your part of the world...we don't get snow here where I live so it must be so much fun for the kids.

Glad you had a wonderful thanksgiving time with your family even if your poor camera didn't:(

Take care,
Anna