Thursday, November 18, 2010

Luke

We are lucky that Luke LOVES school. He loves everything about it, riding the bus, his teacher, his friends, learning new things. Every weekend all we here about is "is it Monday yet?"
He is starting to write and loves to learn new words. He likes to see a word and then copy it.
But by far is favorite thing to write is his very own name. Very sweet to see........until you see it written in pen on say the KITCHEN TABLE.

Also written in pen on his headboard.
He does like to write Kolbys name and show it to him.


I had not quite realized just how much he "practiced" writing his name. We now know which books are his.

This is the cardboard picture that came with his Halloween costume.


As I was cleaning the house and kept running into Lukes name I thought this is something I want to document. A wonderful time in his life when everything is new and learning is magical and fun. I pray that he holds on to his love of learning for as long as possible.
And luckily we need new furniture anyway there is not much that he can ruin. Or that can' be cleaned with a little bleach :)




3 comments:

Anna said...

Oh that is so cute and he looks like he's doing so well Stacey.

We have had lots of writing too by our Mackayla (4) on all sorts of places!!

Its so wonderful to see how they learn and change so fast isn't it. When they start school its such a steep learning curve for them with writing and reading skills but I just love seeing it all start to 'click' for them as they start to understand more and more.

Take care,
Anna

Hannah said...

That is awesome! I'd probably freak over the table but like you said...it's the bigger picture!

Julie H said...

My kids do stuff like that too, although it always seems to be CARVED into something. :/ I'm always telling them when they get their own houses and buy nice stuff I'm going to go carve my name into it.