Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My favorite things....

 I was so so lucky to spend our last day on vacation with a few of my very favorite things.... wonderful family, 4 of the cutest boys in the world and the ocean. I was one happy woman believe you me. (I have the 200 or so pics to prove it)
 My sister in law Jana and her family, the "Wilcox crew" live north of Los Angeles on the coast. They met us at a local beach with wet suits and boogie boards (that might not be the right name) for all.
 Luke and Kolby were in HEAVEN
 Pure joy
 BEAUTIFUL landscape
 Canyon is a natural, with mad water skills.
 Auggie did his best to school his inland cousins on the ways of the water.
 Kolby simply loved running and laughing in the waves.
 Oh my cuteness
 Luke gave it a good try.... in his own way. Pretty sure your supposed to be facing the other way.
 See nothing to it, (yea right) they make it look so easy.

 We got to explore a little bit around a bend and over some rocks. In case the stunning beauty around us was not enough there were dolphins swimming and jumping in the water. DOLPHINS people.
 Wet suits make it handy for dads to help sons over rocks.
 Of course not all the time was spent in the water there was a whole lotta sand just begging to be played with. And sea life to be explored.
This area literally made me swoon, it is beyond beautiful in every direction. 

 Four hours flew by in what seemed like a matter of minutes and it was time to go.

 But not before posing for one last picture, can you even handle this amount of cousin cuteness?
 We followed the Wilcox's back to their place with me all bug eyed the whole time explaining every other minute "can you even believe how beautiful it is here?" And asking helpful questions (which I know Dew always appreciates ;) such as "hum do you think those horses like eating the green stuff on the ground". (We live in the high desert where the ground is brown)
The Wilcox's are a family that make you feel good just being around them. We are beyond blessed to have them in our lives. 
The boys had a blast playing and being boys.They got to "camp out" in doors in Marshall's tent.  Dew and I had a wonderful time talking for hours with Jana and Marshall. 
A perfect way to end our vacation. Luke and Kolby are begging to go back and I may or may not be behind them jumping up and down waving my hands saying "me too I want to go too".
Hopefully we can plan another trip in the not to distant future. Please, please, please :)

1 comment:

Wilcox Family said...

What a perfect day with the boys and thanks for the kind words. We are so glad you guys made the trip up to our neck of the woods. You guys have an open invite to stay with the circus any time and we cant wait to see you again!
~M and fam