Thursday, February 7, 2013

Disneyland

 Disneyland for us!! We spent two days at "The happiest place on earth" and I have to say it really was the perfect trip. Kolby has been a fan of the movie "Cars" pretty much forever. I'm not talking about just liking it I'm talking love LOVING it. The look on his face when he saw Cars land was priceless. The kid was in heaven. And being Disney it looked exactly like the movie and was cute as can be. We got to meet Mater and Lightning McQueen. Which to Kolby was like meeting rock stars.


 I had my camera with me but tried to be "in the moment" and not take a zillion pics. On Thurs we never waited longer then 20 minutes for any ride. We got to ride on pretty much everything we wanted to. This was the boys first trip to Disneyland or any amusement park for that matter. We weren't sure how they would do on the roller coasters so we started with the Matterhorn. 10 seconds in Luke had his arms in the air screaming "I'm having the time of my life" on to Space mountain we went. Luke will tell you those were his favorite rides. He is FEARLESS, he was seriously bummed because they were not tall enough to go on the big roller coaster (that goes upside down) in California Adventure. in  Kolby's were Radiator Springs racers and the Parade. (we didn't specify rides when we asked)
We got to meet lots of character, Mickey being their favorite. When we bought our tickets I mentioned it was the boys first time. They gave the boys buttons to wear that said "First Visit", so they received tons of extra attention from the cast members and employees. It goes without saying the boys loved it and soaked it right up.
 The boys just had to go on Autotopia (which I think is older then I am) We started out side by side racing but a car broke down in from of Dewey and Kolby so they had to stop. (Still counts as a win for us) Luke and I got back and waited for them to come so I was able to snap some pics as they pulled up.
 Look at this happy face.
 Dewey said Kolby would let go of the wheel and they would smack against the metal rails and Kolby would burst out laughing.......the entire ride. Both boys "drove" the cars but couldn't reach the gas pedals so Dew and I helped out. Luke spent the entire time asking me if I was pushing it all the way down, cus he was sure we could go faster.
We bought the picture from Radiator Springs Racers. Notice Luke and Dewey's arms in the air, Kolby has a HUGE smile and his face and I have my normal slightly crazy look. (a pretty accurate photo of our family)  Pay no attention to the two random strangers on the left.
My favorite ride "Splash Mountain" was closed but my close second favorite is "Pirates of the Caribbean" which we went on twice and was loved by all. 

Of course there will be more then one post from Disneyland, even refraining myself we have a tons of pics :) Jedi Training photos and a wonderful visit with a Kazakhstan friend to follow.

No comments: