Thursday, March 15, 2012

Stingrays two posts in a row!!

I'm still trying to catch up from vacation, so this is from two weekends ago. My grandma was in Salt Lake City visiting from Texas so the boys and I drove up to spend time with her. (Dewey has been working around the clock...weekend what weekend? So he did not join us) It also just so happened to be little cousin Amelia's first birthday party. So of course we wrangled an invitation. Here she is opening presents with the help of grandma (Aunt Becca to me) her big sister Ellie and Kolby. Look at Kolby face, he is so funny around girls all shy smiles.


And icing on the cake was meeting baby William, how stinking cute is he? He is Samantha and Steve's brand new son.

Its not a birthday party with a pinata. Amelia's little tap was a little less then my own darlings who whacked the poor little ducks head off.



I know you were waiting for it....the stingrays. I have never so much as mentioned them in the 5 years we have had this blog and now you get them two posts in a row. That's just how we roll :)

So after the birthday party the boys and I took grandma with us for the day. For those of you that know the parties involved you know what a struggle it was to come up with something that grandma and the boys would enjoy. The best I could come up with was visiting Salt Lake City's new aquarium. None of us had ever been there and grandma was all for it. I would like it noted that I stand by my good idea, if fact I know it was a good idea because half of the valley had the very same idea. It was JAMMED packed wall to wall people. Not the ideal situation for a grandma or a 5 & 7 year old. I'm sure I had my "crazy lady" face on the whole time. (I myself don't notice but those that know me point it out....a lot)

However...... we got to see Stingrays (after much waiting/pushing/pulling/wiggling to the front)



The boys especially Luke thought they were so cool since we had just told them about swimming with them. He was all for reaching in the pet one. Kolby said he would like to wait until the next time we come.




Under the sea pics



Cute pic of grandma (G.G) and the boys.




It actually was a pretty cool place for the boys, well set up lots of creepy crawly things. A lot of educational material about all the animals and various creatures. (We will for sure go back when it is less crowded so we can read some of it.)
A great big disgusting (to me) snake that Luke thought was the coolest thing ever.



And real live Penguins.



This was Kolbys favorite part.





I hope that we made the best out of the day we had. We ended up at Liz and Gary's where Steve and Miki met us for a very nice dinner with Grandma. Then breakfast the next morning with Grandma and the Allreds before the boys and I headed home.



















No comments: