Monday, March 19, 2012

St. George Air Show

Last Saturday we went to the THUNDER OVER UTAH air show in St.George with Grandpa and Grandma. It was A----WESOME.

The Blue Angel F/A 18Hornets sitting pretty as you please all in a row.

I like this one with all the "boys" in it.

Dewey LOVES the F-22 Raptors. There just happened to be two of them parked right in front of where we were sitting. (there was still rows of people between us and them) I made my way through the crowd with a lot of "excuse me, pardon me" trying to get a couple close ups for him. Right as I make it to the very front I hear a plane coming and start clicking..... I'm THRILLED I was able to get this shot.

Ok you are about to see way more pictures of planes then I'm sure you want to. However I can tell you that I shot 942 pictures while we were there so it could be a lot worse :) It was seriously so cool to watch this amazing airshow AND have a camera nice enough to be able to catch a lot of really great shots.
May I introduce the United States Air Force F-22 Rapter
Having this plane fly so close and show off all it can do was pure pleasure. If I was a plane expert I'd use big technical words about its maneuver's, but I'm not so I'll just say it did some super cool stuff. Want to know what it likes look from its underside, doors open? Here ya go

They did a salute to the troops with an "old and new" display. A 60 year old P-51D Mustang performing with the Rapter. Hardly a dry eye to be seen.


And the "Transformer" The United States Marine Corps MV-22 Osprey.
With the looks and speed of a airplane and the maneuverability of a helicopter this thing rocked.


In the midst of snapping (my nearly 1000 pictures tehee) I turned and saw Kolby on Dewey shoulders playing with his plane...love it



And now the Stars of the show.... the United States Navy Blue Angels.


I was simply in awe the whole time watching them. I still don't even know how what they do is possible.


Breath taking........



Are you kidding me with some of these moves, these jets are screaming through the air sometimes a mere 18 inches apart.


And then flying straight at each other to come within inches, causing the entire crowd to collectively gasp.


I think its safe to say Dewey and I were way bigger kids then the boys, we loved every minute. So so glad we were able to experience it.

It was an all day show with lots more to the show. And believe you me I have the pictures to prove it.
A fun filled day for all of us with a yummy dinner to follow. Huge thanks to Dad and Winnie we had a wonderful wonderful time!!

































No comments: